Thank You for Your Support and Donations for Flyaway Productions!
“I am a San Francisco-based choreographer and site artist with a background in political activism.
My work explores the female body’s tumultuous expressions of strength and fragility.
I choose to create site-specific dances because I love dance making where the artistic process is in service of a larger political goal.
I am a creator and a coalition builder. I gather community organizations, unions, journalists and non-profits into the creative process, engaging non-traditional audiences in the work. I work closely with non-arts partners to harness accurate, socially relevant information. I hold myself accountable to the women whose stories I am telling, with hope that the telling will shift their burden.
Thank you for helping us make dances. It is one, modest way to make the world a better place.”
– Jo Kreiter, Artistic Director
SUPPORT the GIRLFLY SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Each summer, Flyaway trains 20 girls, ages 14-19, in choreography, and site-specific performance.
The program is an 80-hour, one-month program in the summertime. We liken the program to a summer job. The participants apply and interview for a spot in the program. For her work, Flyaway pays each girl a stipend of $500. The GIRLFLY Scholarship Fund was launched this year to support the continuity of the program, independent of grant support. Our goal is to raise $10,000 for the program.
Please support our girls with your additional gift of $50 or more for GIRLFLY.
WE ARE GRATEFUL FOR YOUR SUPPORT. THANK YOU FOR INVESTING IN FLYAWAY!
Our Current Supporters:
- Robert Rauschenberg Foundation Artist as Activist Fellowship
- New Music USA
- New England Foundation for the Arts’ National Dance Project, with lead funding from:
- The Doris Duke Foundation
- The Andrew W Mellon Foundation
- Kenneth Rainin Foundation
- EILEEN FISHER
- New Music USA
- Walter and Elise Haas Fund
- San Francisco Arts Commission
- San Francisco Grants for the Arts
- Zellerbach Family Foundation
- California Arts Council
- RJ MUNA and Left Space Studio
- Jay Kravitz and RSN EIGHT Design
- ZACCHO STUDIO’s Resident Company Program
- And Individual members of our community