Thank You for Your Support and Donations for Flyaway Productions!
“I am a San Francisco-based choreographer and site artist with a background in political activism.
My work explores the female body’s tumultuous expressions of strength and fragility.
I choose to create site-specific dances because I love dance making where the artistic process is in service of a larger political goal.
I am a creator and a coalition builder. I gather community organizations, unions, journalists and non-profits into the creative process, engaging non-traditional audiences in the work. I work closely with non-arts partners to harness accurate, socially relevant information. I hold myself accountable to the women whose stories I am telling, with hope that the telling will shift their burden.
Thank you for helping us make dances. It is one, modest way to make the world a better place.”
– Jo Kreiter, Artistic Director
TENDER (n); a person who takes charge
(Premiering June 2018) Flyaway’s TENDER (n) celebrates 100 years of outcast activism in the Tenderloin. Set on two walls of the Cadillac Hotel (380 Eddy Street, SF), TENDER (n) is our largest site-specific dance project in years.
TENDER (n) is being created by Flyaway Productions in partnership with the Tenderloin Museum, Code Tenderloin, the Asian Art Museum, the Au Co Cultural Center and composer Vân-Ánh Võ. Your tax-deductible donations will keep our performances free, and support dancer fees, an innovative set, and activities in the community.
INTRODUCING THE LAUNCH of GIRLFLY SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Each summer, Flyaway trains 20 girls, ages 14-19, in choreography, and site-specific performance.
The program is an 80-hour, one-month program in the summertime. We liken the program to a summer job. The participants apply and interview for a spot in the program. For her work, Flyaway pays each girl a stipend of $500. The GIRLFLY Scholarship Fund was launched this year to support the continuity of the program, independent of grant support. Our goal is to raise $10,000 for the program.
Please support our girls with your additional gift of $50 or more for GIRLFLY.
WE ARE GRATEFUL FOR YOUR SUPPORT. THANK YOU FOR INVESTING IN FLYAWAY!
Our Current Supporters:
- Robert Rauschenberg Foundation Artist as Activist Fellowship
- New England Foundation for the Arts’ National Dance Project, with lead funding from:
- The Doris Duke Foundation
- The Andrew W Mellon Foundation
- Kenneth Rainin Foundation
- Phyllis C. Wattis Foundation
- New Music USA
- Walter and Elise Haas Fund
- San Francisco Arts Commission
- San Francisco Grants for the Arts
- Zellerbach Family Foundation
- California Arts Council
- RJ MUNA and Left Space Studio
- Jay Kravitz and RSN EIGHT Design
- ZACCHO STUDIO’s Resident Company Program
- And Individual members of our community